Thursday, February 11, 2010

What's happening!?!


OMG - what's happening to my little sewing blog?  What am I doing surrounded by all of these power tools?!?  Why do I have a palm sander to thank for my new jacked up manicure?!?  Seriously!

I have been playing with wood again today, but rather than show you what I made, I'm only giving you a sneak peek.  "They" will be unveiled when both of them are finished and in place.  Thanks again to Ana, who has given me the inspiration and the means to finish all of these projects - my head is spinning with all the possibilities yet to be dreamed up! 

We're also getting ready for a yard sale this weekend.  Have I ever mentioned how much I loathe yard sales?  Yeah, I love the extra cash because it feeds my fabric addiction, but I hate the hassle of dragging everything out, pricing everything, then haggling over a quarter in my driveway.  And, it's supposed to be chilly this weekend.

I think I should probably put the power tools away for a couple of days, focus on the yard sale, and then maybe do some sewing ... that's what this blog is about anyway.  

Hope you all are having a great day!

3 comments:

Debbie aka Marblesbestfriend said...

Are they end tables or bedside tables? Your furniture building is so cool. I've lost count of the number of people I have directed to the Knock-Off Wood Furniture blog. Thanks for sharing!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Hmm... wonder what it could be!

Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

Ana White said...

Hi Christy, you are amazing, and I love the mystery project! I would like to ask the expert on sewing - how different is sewing and building furniture? I think the reason you have so much success with woodworking projects is because you are already a talented and experienced crafter. Thank you so much for sharing.