Sunday, February 14, 2010

*sigh*

My secret-but-not-so-secret project is almost done.  I should have pictures tomorrow evening of my results.   I tried to take a break this weekend and get some sewing done.  I'm about 75% done with my grandma's quilt, I'm completely caught up on my quilting bee blocks, and I've got some of the pieces cut for the next quilt I have to complete before April 1st.  So, it was a big sewing weekend for me.  This was one of the blocks I finished this weekend, and I LOVE it!  The fabric line is Meadowsweet.  I actually have a layer cake of this line laying around in the studio somewhere ... I love the line.  It's bright, cheery, and fun.  I hope Rebecca enjoys her block and I can't wait to see her finished quilt.

We also had people coming in and out of the house this weekend for estimates. 

Two years ago, we had a room addition built onto the back of the house.  It was a nightmare that lasted nearly a year and a half.  When we fired the general contractor, we had a structurally okay room, but a cosmetic disaster on our hands.  I couldn't even look at the room for a year because every time I went in it, all I could think about was the turmoil that it caused.  It ended up being used for storage for a while.

Well, this past week I decided that I'd had enough.  Someone is coming next weekend to rip up the laminate flooring in there, and we're going to basically start from scratch and get everything fixed.  Maybe I should post some before and after pics??

Who wants to see my disaster room??

1 comment:

Jen @ New Shade of Green said...

ME! I'd love to see before/after pictures.

I've been contemplating buying a sewing machine for some time. I've never sewed anything more than replacing a button... but I've had dreams of sewing a quilt for a while... any suggestions for a beginner?