Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2 down ...

I managed to get Grandma's quilt, quilted and the binding attached.  I still have to hand sew the back of the binding.  I hate that part.  My fingers always hurt, and the thimbles never fit. 

I also managed to finish the two blocks that I needed to get finished for the pinwheel quilt along (button located on the right side bar for those interested in following along).  I think they came out nice ... see ...




AND, I also started Natalie's quilt.  It went from cut fabric squares this morning to a 70% finished quilt top tonight.  No pictures until it's finished, because it is a gift and I want to keep some element of surprise.   ;o)

So, I'm knocking out a lot of the things on my to do list for this week ... and now back to the hand sewing ...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You make beautiful quilts. You do great work. I am so happy and proud that you are doing all the projects that you are doing and making our home so nice. I love you! -Me

Anna Willett said...

the hand stitching on the back of the quilt always gets me! and i always procrastinate whenever it is a gift so i am stitching for hours in a row. ouch!

Deb said...

The colours are a fabulous compliment to each other and your pressing is beautiful... Nice, nice, nice job!

Found you through Anna of KOW and I'm so enjoying your eye candy quilts. They make me happy.

Thank you! Deb

calicodaisy said...

Oh, I love the meadowsweet. Great way to use it sparingly but with pop in the pinwheel block.
-- michele