Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I can't believe that I've gone so long without posting ... time flies!

We spent last weekend searching and buying tile for the studio.  I settled on 20x20 neutral colored porcelain tiles.  Two different tones, that will be set on a diagonal, checkerboard pattern.  I can't wait to see it come together, it'll just be a while before it happens so we can save some $$$ to pay the guy to do it.

I have spent the last few days getting some things done for the studio.  I found this ugly chair at a thrift store yesterday.


I paid $12.99 (plus tax).  The stool was in excellent shape, heavy and sturdy, and the cushion was still bouncy yet firm.  All it needed was some fabric to bring it to life.  So, I worked on it this morning and came up with this:


I also worked on some artwork.  Now, those of you that really KNOW me, know that I haven't picked up a paintbrush (for this purpose) in several years ... like 10 years to be exact.  Shocking ... I know.  I felt like I was overdue in the art department, so I grabbed my curtain material (thank you Heather Ross) and made this little guy:



The room is finally coming together.  I can't wait.

9 comments:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

What a great painting! For having not painted in 10 years, you did a fantastic job! The stool looks great, too!

Wendy said...

I knew you were talented... but I am blown away. This Martha wanna be has nothing on you.... the stool is fabulous, and the painting is adorable.

henny said...

Hi Christy!
What a lovely covered stool!!
How could you make it? Tutorial please...:)

hockamama said...

I love the little gnome, his expression is priceless! and the stool is fabulous, great fabric choice.

Wendy said...

Have ya'll tried tiling before? It's really easy, once you get started....and you can save a lot of money by doing it yourself...just something to ocnsider.

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Christy, the fabric on the stool is fabulous! I agree with henny ...tutorial please. Would like to see how you did it. Where did you find the fabric?
And, you should do more painting. It is apparent you definitely have talent! Thanks for following my blog.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your gnome is amazing Christy!! Any time you want to paint one for me, just let me know!!

Amanda Lee said...

I love this! It turned out so cute!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

such a great painting! I'm in awe.

(the stool is cute too). :)