Friday, March 19, 2010

Answers to a couple questions ...

Apparently, ya'll are really liking my recovered stool.  So much so, that a couple of you have asked for a tutorial.  Well, I'm sorry to say that I don't have one, and I don't know if I could put one together for you either.  HOWEVER, I did get my inspiration from this tutorial: Round Cushion Tutorial.  That should help point you in the right direction.  Obviously, you're not making a pillow, but it will show you how to do the piping, cutting, etc., etc. for the round shape, then you'll just cover your seat as normal with the staples underneath.  No biggie.

You also asked about my fabric.  I LOVE that fabric.  It was made by Alexander Henry and it's called "Sew Now Sew Wow" ... here are the Google shopping results for you: Fabric.  It looks like a few places still have it available and in a couple of different colorways.  I still have about a yard and a half of it left myself, but I'm not quite sure what to do with it ... I've never made a sewing machine cover ... maybe?!?  I don't know.  I'll figure it out later.

No comments: