Thursday, January 7, 2010

catching up ...


I had my graduation yesterday at school.  I'm not finished completely, but I graduated from the esthetician portion of my studies.  Whew.  So if you're wondering where I've been - that's my reason for going into hiding.  I had projects to finish, notes to finish, and finals to study for ... but for now, it's over.  At least it's over until I go back on Monday night and start the nail portion of my studies.  Can't wait for THAT graduation, because that means that I'm officially DONE!


We had some quiet holidays around here.  No big elaborate parties, but we did enjoy some simple and sweet family holiday get togethers.  We rang in New Year's Eve and then went promptly to bed at 12:02 - when did I get to be so tired all of the time?


I did manage to finish up some quilting bee blocks before the holidays started.  I still owe blocks for December, and now January.  It's my "turn" in one of the bees, so I need to get my fabric sent out - it's coming ladies, I promise!  I decided I'd use my turn to get rid of some of my stash, so the girls are going to get lots and lots of random scraps!  It should be a pretty colorful quilt when it's done.

We're also "on the market" to add a new family member in our home.  We've been doing some research, contacting some rescues, even posted an ad on Craigslist, and I think we're going to be adopting a dog soon.  We feel it's time for the boys to enjoy growing up with a dog, especially considering that the cats could really care less if the boys are here or not.  It's not much fun trying to get a cat to "play" with you. 

There are 2 really high-potential girls out there that we'll be meeting over the next few days.  Be sure to check back often to see who's coming to live with us!


Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and are looking forward to all that 2010 has to offer!  I know we are!

No comments: