Friday, June 25, 2010

Better luck next time ...

Today hasn't been one of those "hit it out of the ball park" days as far as sewing goes ...

First, I was trying to follow a tutorial for one of the requested bee blocks for Mary, and let's just say I was losing my mind trying to figure out what I was supposed to be doing.  After a lot of cursing (thank the man upstairs that the kids weren't in the room), I decided that it would be best to send Mary her stuff back, as is, and let her finish the blocks.  I'm sad to say that she's getting a bunch of fabric scraps randomly sewn together and nothing looks remotely close to a log cabin block.

Then, I was trying to finish up the circles block for Lori - and as I was cutting the circles out, the rotary cutter got away from me and made three tiny slits into her background fabric, making it useless to me.  Ugh.  So, she's also getting her block back, unfinished ... sheesh.

Finally, I thought I would try to redeem myself by tackling a Henrietta turtle pin cushion, compliments of the Heather Bailey pattern I bought forever ago.  My Henrietta looks incredibly bloated.  In fact, her feet don't touch the ground.  I won't be posting a picture, don't ask.

It's been one of those days, full of sewing, but little accomplished.

I did manage to get this finished though:



And I hope that my partner for the Scrappy Pincushion Swap on Flickr enjoys it.  It was the only good thing to come out of my studio this morning.

2 comments:

Tammy James said...

Its gorgeous! Love seeing these scrappy pincushions they are so inspiring!

theodora said...

The pincushion is so cute,but christy the log cabin is the easyiest pattern you just sew around the center square. I hope you try again and you will see, and carefull with the rotary cutter keep it hidden from the kids.